JCL Analyzer is a fast, easy-to-use cross-reference utility that produces nine reports displaying job, JCLLIB, include, procedure, file, and program relationships.
- JCL Analyzer produces the following:
- A Job Report showing every selected procedure, program, include, and file referenced in each job selected for inclusion in the report
- A Procedure Report showing every selected job in the cross-reference run including each program,
include, and file referenced within each procedure
- A File Report showing every selected job, procedure, include, and program that uses each file
identified in the cross-reference run
- A Program Report showing every selected job, procedure, and include referencing each selected program and each selected file used by each selected program included in the run
- A Procedure List which is an abbreviated Procedure Report omitting the file information
- A Program List which is an abbreviated Program Report omitting the file information
- A JCLLIB Report showing job usage, search order, and source library name
- An Include Report showing job, procedure, and include usage, level number, and source library names
- A DCB Report showing all references to RECFM, LRECL, and BLKSIZE
- A file containing a list of all program names encountered in the JCL
- A database of all cross-reference information, which can be used for data searches and to produce custom reports
- In addition to the nine reports produced by JCL Analyzer, you can use the DASD output produced by JCL Analyzer to produce formatted documentation of your own design and specifications.
- JCL Analyzer provides a quick way of identifying every JCLLIB, include, procedure, program, and
dataset used in all or any of your jobs, or all procedures and programs that use each of your files.
- JCL Analyzer provides an excellent way to install data dictionary control over jobs, procedures,
programs, and datasets and gives you an easy way to uniformly and accurately document production
- With full job, procedure, program, dataset, and selectivity features, JCL Analyzer can be used as a
powerful problem definition and search utility.