RAADReport Distribution Manager
RAAD (Report Archive and Distribution) is a comprehensive report distribution and control system that allows you to manage and control your spooling environment.
- Access spooled reports from
- The POWER Reader (RDR), Punch (PUN), List (LST), or Transmit (XMT) queues
- The VM reader (VMR), Punch (VMP), and List (VML) queues
- An existing CSI-ARCHIVE dataset (ARC)
- Store reports in a DASD-efficient manner, compressed to conserve disk space
- Retain reports on the Archive Dataset according to user-defined criteria. Any combination of the following can be used:
- Number of days
- Number of generations
- Specific retain-to date
- Select reports based on several fields maintained by operating system spoolers. Some of these are
- Job name
- Remote ID
- View reports online or print to any system-attached printer
- Submit batch jobs for file backups or other purposes with an online spooling facility
- Archive reports automatically, using the POWER External Device Writer support. This requires a minimum of a JCL and/or procedural change for your installation.
- Prevent or allow access to spooler queues by report details such as job name, class, origin, and destination
- Periodically scan your spooler queues. As reports are encountered during the scan, they can be archived, printed to any system-attached printer, or used as a trigger to cause JCL to be submitted to the POWER RDR queue.
- View the output of executing z/VSE jobs while they are being generated
- Reformat reports by column when reports are viewed and/or printed. This feature can prevent unauthorized users from having access to privileged data.
- Archive POWER LST queue output from any program
- View reports in character or hexadecimal format
- Provide access to reports and to RAAD functions for individual users with RAAD User Profiles
- Report viewing for all 3270 models
- Manage spooler queues from an easy-to-use 3270 application
- RAAD supports all printers attached to CICS, and TCP/IP printers (LPD) if you are running CSI’s TCP/IP for VSE